What to do:
1. The first step is to ask us to get in touch with you. We'll ask you to give us an email address or phone number for one of your parents at first, as we need their permission to start helping you.
2. Then we'll meet up with you for a chat, to get an idea about the help you need. This meet-up is just with you, with your parents' permission.
3. We'll help you get sorted out with any help that's on offer for you and we'll give you all the details about our clubs, trips and other activities.
Please click here to read our latest newsletter.
Did you know there are about 600 young carers in Eden? So, if you care for someone, you're certainly not alone!
You're a Young Carer if:
If that sounds like you, then we're here to help you.
You can also find out more about being a Young Carer on the Carers Trust website.
We support Young Carers aged 5 - 18 years of age, by offering statutory Carers Assessments, 1:1 support and activities.
If you, or a family member would like to talk to one of our Carer Support Workers for more information on how we can help support a Young Carer please phone our office or send us an email.
Once you've got in touch with us, you'll be able to come to the clubs we run especially for Young Carers like you in Eden.
We put on two after school clubs in:
- Penrith on a Tuesday at the Evergreen Hall, 3.45pm - 5.15pm
- Appleby on a Tuesday at the Brownie / Guide Hut, 4.00pm - 5:30pm
We have snacks, play games, have fun and just hang out so come and join us.
Please call the office to confirm dates of the Clubs as they are each bi-weekly.
Being a young person is challenging enough and having a caring responsibility adds to those challenges. So we can help you to HAVE A BREAK; by organising days away during the school holidays were you can be with friends and have fun doing something new.
Caring for someone can be pretty stressful at times - most of our carers would agree!
It can get you down sometimes, but we can help.
Would you like to get some work experience that will help you in your future career? We can arrange volunteering and work experience opportunities for you.