Eden Carers exists to provide information, support and a point of reference for Carers of any age who provide substantial and regular care on an unpaid basis.
This can be for a family member or friend who cannot manage at home without some help.
We can support all Carers who live within the Eden District of Cumbria, (the towns of Penrith, Appleby, Kirkby Stephen, and all surrounding villages).
- Eden Carers puts Carers FIRST
- We support Carers by listening to their needs and taking action in the most appropriate way
- We aim to raise awareness of Carers' issues and problems and present them to relevant authorities
- Eden Carers is the only organisation in Eden established to meet the needs of all Carers in Eden
- Eden Carers was established in 1997 as a project managed by the Volunteer Bureau Eden and funded for a three year period by Joint Finance. “Putting Carers First” is a prime objective. It established itself as in independent charitable organisation with its own management committee, gaining charitable status in June 2001 and in April 2004 became incorporated as a charitable company.
The Chairman of Eden District Council presents "Voce" in Concert in aid of Eden Carers
New! Carers' Advice line for Cumbrian Carers
NEW FOR 2014 - Carers' Clinic Sessions at Penrith Hospital Hub
Carers' Trips, Meetings and Social Events 2014
A Conference for Mental Health Service Users and Carers - 25 May 2014
Eden Carers are pleased to announce that we are officially Charity of the year 2014.
Read Eden Carers' Annual Review: Annual Review 2012-2013
Leaving a Legacy - an extraordinary gift to help ordinary people
FIND OUT MORE
If you need a Carers' Centre in a different part of the UK, go to www.carers.org. This the national site for Carers Trust, and has details for the Carers Centres all over the UK.